J K News Today
Srinagar, June 01:
The crime branch on Tuesday filed challan in court against 20 persons accused in manipulating things and issuing fake appointment letters .
A spokesperson of the crime branch said that as per FIR No. 22/2011 U/S 420,467,468,471,201,120-B RPC r/w 5(1) d, 5(2) PC Act of P/S Crime Branch Kashmir against 20 accused persons, related to fake appointments in Municipal Committee Kokernag, before the Court of Special Judge Anti Corruption Anantnag. The accused persons are :
1. Dost Mohammad Khan S/O Noor Khaliq Khan R/O Chatti Singh Pora Anantnag ,Ex- Administrator NAC Kokernag (Main Accused).
2. Nazir Ahmad Das, I/C Establishment , Deceased (Main
3. Mohammad Hussain Nanda S/O Mohammad Shaban R/O Khanabal Anantnag (Beneficiary).
4. Mohammad Shafi Khan S/O Dost Mohammad Khan R/O Chatti Singh Pora Anantnag (Beneficiary).
5. Mohammad Ayoub Magray S/O Abdul Gani Magray R/O
Kamad Anantnag (Beneficiary).
6. Aijaz Hussain Malik S/O Ghulam Ahmad Malik R/O Sheer Hamdan Anantnag (Beneficiary).
7. Shabir Ahmad Ganie S/O Ghulam Hassan Ganie R/O
Rohu Papibal Anantnag (Beneficiary).
8. Mohammad Yusuf Mir S/O Ab. Rehman Mir R/O Kanjikulla Kulgam (Beneficiary).
9. Mohammad Farooq Bhat S/O Mohammad Subhan R/O
Sagam Hergam Booch Kokernag Anantnag (Beneficiary).
10. Bashir Ahmad Agoo S/O Assadullah Agoo R/O Kutpora Nagam Soafshali Kokernag Anantnag (Beneficiary).
Tawqeer Ahmad Dar S/O Abdul Majeed Dar R/O Buchoo Kokernag Anantnag (Beneficiary).Mohammad Ashraf Lone S/O Abdul Gani Lone R/O Lessu Brannar Larnoo Anantnag (Beneficiary).Abdul Gani Mir S/O Sona Ullah Mir R/O Mirpora
Wandevalgam Anantnag (Beneficiary).
Adil Hussain Shah S/O Ghulam Mohammad Shah R/O
Bidder Kokernag Anantnag (Beneficiary).
Ghulam Mohammad Mir S/O Abdul Kabir Mir R/O
Zangalpora Kulgam (Beneficiary).
Mohammad Ayoub Bhat S/O Abdul Rehman Bhat R/O
Batagund Dooru Anantnag (Beneficiary).
Ghulam Mohidin Dar S/O Abdul Rehman Dar R/O
Zangalpora Kulgam, Deceased (Beneficiary).
18. Dawood Ahmad Mir S/O Abdul Razak Mir R/O Bogam
19. Saleem Ahmad Ganie S/O Abdul Gani Ganie R/O Tral
20. Ghulam Ahmad Bhat S/O Ghulam Qadir Bhat R/O Sagam Khalhar Kokernag Anantnag (Beneficiary).
The Crime Branch Kashmir had received a court order to enquire as to whether the appointments have been made in accordance with the rules and regulations governing the recruitment as incorporated under J&K Civil Services (classifications, control & appeal) Rules 1956.
During the course of investigation, the records having bearing on the subject were seized and the statements of the persons acquainted with the facts were recorded. The perusal of the seized records and recorded statements , established that the accused No. 1 Dost Mohammad Khan was holding the charge of Administrator Notified Area Committee (NAC) Kokernag from June 1996 to March 2000. As per the records the beneficiaries were appointed on different posts whose appointment orders are purported to have been signed by Accused No. 1.
During the course of investigation, it surfaced that that as per section 52 of SRO 528 of 1974 , the accused Dost Mohammad Khan was empowered to appoint employees with a monthly salary less than Rs. 170/=. But the accused Dost Mohammad Khan had not followed the norms and directives according to SRO 528 Dated 21.10.1974 while making these appointments. Pertinent to mention here, that the grade which exceeds Rs. 170/= per month and does not exceed Rs. 250/= per month did not fall in competence of accused Dost Mohammad Khan. It also surfaced during the investigation that the accused persons S.No 09 to 20 were found to have illegally and dishonestly appointed by Accused No.2 by making fake entries in the service books of the said accused beneficiaries.
The post The Crime Branch Kashmir produces Challan in Case of fake appointments against 20 persons appeared first on JK News Today.